Wednesday, June 25, 2014

cichlids

I have always had a fasination with cichlids since I was a little girl. My parents had a large tank of fish but would only let me choose from community fish since cichlids were aggressive and harder to take care of. I've always loved the colors of the cichlids though so I finally own a tank of my own. And they were right, they are aggressive. Aggression in my tank has been the hardest thing to keep down among the many diseases they can get as well. After about three years with constintly battling the problems in this tank I'm finally learning as much as I can about these specific types of fish to make it work. It has been fun, educational, difficult at times, but worth it over all. I love trying new things on my own so I can learn more about them. The hands on aproach has always worked the best for me.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone has there own way to learn. Sometimes you have to kill a few fish to learn how to take care of them. It is all about science really. You have to test new ideas to see if they work or you will never get anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this type of fish, but after a quick internet search I see that they are very beautiful fish.

    ReplyDelete